1. 4 pieces of matzo
2. 1 1/2 sticks of margarine
3. 1 cup of brown sugar
4. 6 oz. of chocolate chips
5. 2 teaspoons of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Take a baking pan, and place a piece of parchment on top.
3. Break the matzo in half and lay on top of parchment paper.
4. Using a double saucepan, melt the margarine and brown sugar on medium-heat until it becomes a thick caramel texture. Continue to stir until it begins to bubble. Remove from the burner, making sure not to burn the caramel
5. Spread the caramel evenly over the matzo
6. Place the pan in the oven for about 10 minutes, immediately after the caramel has been spread.
7. Place the chocolate chips on top of the matzo, allowing the chocolate to melt. Spread the chocolate over the caramel layer evenly and sprinkle the sea salt on top before placing in the fridge for 45 minutes
8. After 45 minutes, break the toffee into pieces and enjoy!
Thank you Osem for providing the matzo for this dessert. Couldn't have made the dessert without it!