1. 3 large sweet potatoes
2. 5 cups of vegetable broth
3. 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
4. 1 1/2 cups of chopped walnuts
5. 1 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar
6. 1 teaspoon of salt
7. basil to taste
1. Chop sweet potatoes into bite size cubes
2. Place the sweet potatoes and vegetable broth in a large pot. Mare sure the broth covers the sweet potatoes.
3. On a medium-high heat, mix the sweet potatoes and vegetable broth until potatoes begin to soften.
4. Once softened, drain sweet potatoes from the broth and place in a mixing bowl. Do not throw out vegetable broth as that will be used later for the soup.
5. Puree the sweet potatoes until they become a smooth texture.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
7. Spray cooking oil on a baking sheet and place chopped walnuts.
8. Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until toasted.
Back to soup...
9. Add sweet potatoes back into the pot of vegetable broth, and place on a medium-low heat.
10. Add nutmeg, cinnamon sugar and salt. Mix well.
11. Once heated, add basil to taste.
12. Pour sweet potato soup into a serving bowl and top off with some toasted walnuts.