Serving: 20 latkes
1. One 6-ounce box of Manischewitz Potato Pancake Mix
2. 1 cup of pecans
3. 2 large eggs
4. 1 pinch of salt
5. 1 cup of cold water
6. 1 cup of vegetable oil
1. In a medium bowl, beat two eggs.
2. Add a pinch of salt.
3. Add 1 cup of cold water and mix well.
4. Stir in contents of Manischewitz package and mix. Allow batter to thicken for 3-4 minutes. Mix again.
5. Place pecans in a blender and mix until finely chopped. Add the pecans to the potato mix.
6. On a medium-high heat, drop a spoon size of the potato mixture into the frying pan. Make sure the latkes are flat and spaced out in order to evenly cook.
7. Once the bottom of the latkes are brown, flip over and repeat process.
8. Continue to add vegetable oil when needed for your additional batches.
9. When latkes are ready to be taken out of the frying pan, have a plate ready to place the latkes on. It is best to have a paper towel underneath the latkes in order for the excess oil to be soaked out.
This dish is best served with applesauce and/or sour cream.