2 puff pastry sheets (you can find this in the frozen food section)
8 sausages, of your liking! Spicy, Italian...(I bought two 12 oz packages)
1 brown onion
1 brown onion
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/3 cup of barbecue sauce
3 tablespoons of sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Remove the wrapper off of the pastry sheets and allow to defrost.
3. Thinly slice onions. Set aside.
4. Coat a thick layer of olive oil in a frying pan. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar.
5. Add onions to frying pan and stir once every minute until they brown. Make sure not stir too often as they won't brown, and if you don't stir enough they will burn! (I know, lots of rules) This process may take up to 30 minutes. If you feel you need more olive oil and/or sugar, add a little bit at a time, and stir.
6. Once onions are caramelized set aside.
7. Slice sausage links into small bite sizes. Lightly coat a frying pan with olive oil and add sausages. Add 4 tablespoons of barbecue sauce and stir until they are cooked through on a medium-high heat.
8. Unfold pastry sheets and spread a thin layer of barbecue sauce. Add caramelized onions and sausages to one of the ends of the pastry sheet. Tightly roll.
9. Place in the oven for 25-35 minutes or until the pastry sheet begins to brown.
10. Once the sausage rolls are taken out of the oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Slice the sausage wraps diagonally in order to serve as individual pieces.
*This goes well with garlic mayo, mustard, ketchup, chipotle sauce, or any condiment of your choice. ~Enjoy ~