1. 4 (5 oz) cans of salmon (skinless boneless)
2. 5 tablespoons of light mayo
3. 1 tablespoon of Sweetener (Sweet 10-sugar substitute)
4. 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
5. 2 tablespoons of regular breadcrumbs
6. 1 egg
7. 2 1/4 teaspoons of onion powder
1. Drain juice out of salmon cans. Scoop the salmon out of the cans into a bowl.
2. Add 5 tablespoons of mayo. Mix well until smooth consistency.
3. Add sweetener, and lemon juice. Mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk an egg. Then pour into salmon mixture.
5. Add breadcrumbs and onion powder. Mix well.
6. Take about 2 tablespoons of salmon mixture and roll into a ball. Press down to make a pancake shape. For a more crispy croquette, make them flatter. If you don't want the middle to be as cooked, make them thicker by not pressing on them as much when forming their shape.
7. Take a frying pan and spray with cooking spray.
8. On medium heat place croquettes onto pan for 2 minutes. While they are frying, spray the top of the croquettes with cooking spray in order that they won't stick to the bottom when you flip them over.
9. After 2 minutes flip over. If the bottom hasn't become golden brown, leave on for an additional minute.
10. Once flipped, let them fry for about 3 more minutes. During this time, you can spray the top of the croquettes again.
11. Do this process one more time, but only leave them frying for about a minute and a half on each side.
(You will be flipping the croquettes for a total of 3 times. Allowing each side to fry twice)